Position: Front-End Software Developer
Salary: £33,000 - £39,000 depending on experience
Term: 4 or 5 days per week (negotiable), permanent position
Application deadline: Friday 24th May 2019 (interviews may commence earlier)
We are seeking a compassionate front-end developer, with passion for web technologies and Internet of Things (IoT), and who is eager to work on a new challenge. You will join our 5-person tech team in Edinburgh from June 2019 on a 4 or 5 day a week basis.
Connected Energy is a social enterprise that enables renewable energy access for off-grid communities, in particular solar electricity and biogas for cooking. We do this by delivering ICT tools to organisations in East-Africa and India. We are currently developing two products for the off-grid energy sector: Smart Biogas and Cloud Solar. Both combine IoT sensors to enable pay-as-you go payment and real-time maintenance services. Our aim is to help over 150,000 households towards energy access within 5 years through these products. This role will also include work with our sister company, Scene Connect.
As a front-end software developer you will:
• Work with our product managers and designers, conceptualising and developing front-end features
• Ensuring the delivery of product features into product releases at the required level of quality, as part of our 5-person software team
• Pro-actively participate in the full development lifecycle
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates with at least 5 years of experience in software development, who have:
• Good communication skills – and will be a natural member of a social enterprise with an international scope and teams in Edinburgh, London, Rwanda and India.
• Passion for web technologies and a desire to remain up to date with the latest technologies.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, be self-motivated to problem solve, debug and bring tasks to completion.
Ideally you have experience with:
• React (required)
• TypeScript (desirable)
• GraphQL (desirable)
• Frontend testing and test frameworks such as Jest or Enzyme. (desirable)
• Material UI (bonus)
• React hooks (bonus)
• Python and Django (bonus)
• Understanding product development requirements and user stories (required)
• A keen interest and flair with UI/UX (required)
Openness, Kindness, Fearlessness, and Adaptability are the values we believe make us the social enterprise we are. We’re looking for someone will help us shape this culture in our technology team as it evolves.
Connected Energy is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from Women, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates.
To apply for this position please take a good look at the other pages on this website and that of our sister company www.scene.community - to see if you like what we do - then email your CV and a max 1 page covering letter outlining why you would be a good fit for the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24th May 2019. Please put “Front-End Developer” in the email subject. We may commence interviews before the deadline date so early applications are encouraged.